Monday, March 22, 2010

Shaylor's 4th Birthday

Catching Up: September 2009

First, there was the "Touch A Truck" show. To this day, he still says a "Thank You" in every prayer for being able to go there. He was in heaven! His best buddies, Preston and Ethan (his cousin) were able to come with us.


Then, there was his Construction party. Here he is beating down his Pinata: a dump truck.
He got so many wonderful presents - and he loved every one. When he opened his present from Ian, which was a race track with two cars, he jumped up, grabbed Ian around the knees and exclaimed, "Thank you Daddy! You're my Best Buddy!" He's such a sweetie!
Here's his "struction" cake!



Shaylor is ALL boy and is about the sweetest one I've ever seen. We're so grateful he's a part of our family.
You know, after Noelle - bless her heart ;) - we decided that two was enough kids; we couldn't handle any more. But, after almost 2 years, I felt a longing in my heart for another child. I had a couple of very sacred experiences that led me to believe that there were more children ready to come to our family. I tried to push those feelings away for about a year and a half. I felt it more and more urgently as time went on, and it became an all-consuming topic in my thoughts. I convinced Ian (and yes, it took some convincing!) that we could handle it. But, he said if we're going to have more, then it was going to be two more, not one. Our third child would need a buddy - just like Ashlyn and Noelle had each other. We negotiated for a while, and I finally agreed. So, Shaylor was my idea, and Gracie was Ian's!
Thank goodness for a head-strong, persistent little soul who whispered to my heart that he wanted to come to our family, and to his Daddy's heart that his sister couldn't be left behind. I'm so grateful he never gave up. What would we ever do without them?

No comments: