Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bear Lake - Again!

In the middle of August, we went back up to Bear Lake. Some good friends of ours, The Swallows, were up there and let us play with them on their boat!

Here are Noelle and Kara.
Ian was in heaven. I haven't see him have this much fun in a very long time. He and Todd had a blast on the tube. One of their ride ended in us dumping them pretty dramatically in the water. Ian skidded probably 10 feet across the water on his behind! I even have it on video! It was so funny. Ian also was able to go wake boarding - which he is a natural at. (Amy - not so much. I tried and couldn't even get up.)




Here are Kara and I. She was laughing at me because I was screaming in terror!
Speaking of being terrified, Shaylor was freaking out when we first got on the boat. He doesn't like to feel like anything is out of control, and the boat was hard for him. He only wanted Todd to drive it, and he needed to be held tightly in order to relax. However, I'm proud to say that little by little he was able to relax and have fun. He even went on the tube...and what's more, he even put up his hands and feet. It was a major emotional obstacle he overcame, and we were so happy for him.

Ashlyn, Makena and Paige on the boat.
All the kids on the tube. Almost all of our kids match up in ages. It works out great!
Shaylor and Hayden crashed on the boat...too much fun!
Same with Gracie.

Good Memories! Thanks Swallows!


No comments: